Stop Smoking Treatments
- Please select a size from below to proceed.There are NHS prescriptions in your basket. Please complete the order first or remove NHS prescriptions from the basket.
Are you a smoker?
Over 1.1 billion people worldwide are smoking worldwide. Cigarettes tobacco is the only legal drug killing most of its users. According to the World Health Organization, 1.1 billion individuals worldwide are smokers, and the number is increasing every day. More than 6 million people per year across the globe die from tobacco use. Nearly 90% of smokers begin smoking before the age of 18, and around 3.6 million Students of middle and high school are tobacco users.
- Cigarettes tobacco is the only legal drug killing most of its users
- Smoking cessation can be difficult, and it might be hard to overcome the agonizing craving and withdrawal symptoms
- Champix is an effective smoking cessation method that can get you free of smoking in 12 weeks, with little withdrawal symptoms
You have to make your decision about stopping smoking. Now, not later! By taking the decision and willing to stick to it, you will be half the way through. The other have can become easier by using Champix, to control all craving symptoms and make you more capable of continuing until you no longer referred to as a "smoker".
Benefits for Smoking Cessation
Smoking cessation is not a simple solution, but will save your life; so, you have to try more and more. Cigarette smoking is considered one of the nicotine addiction methods. The dependence and craving (withdrawal-like) symptoms may develop with the use of all tobacco forms. Hence, smokers need support for stopping smoking due to the habituation (addiction-like) effect of tobacco products.
Luckily, new methods are available to aid for easier quitting.
To quit smoking at any age has immediate benefits, as well as long-term benefits and increased life expectancy and quality.
Methods for Smoking Cessation
There are different methods to stop smoking, with some more effective than others. You can choose the best method for you which you can stick with.
- Medications that can reduce the withdrawal symptoms: Varenicline (Champix) and Bupropion.
- Nicotine replacement therapy (including nicotine patches, gum, inhalers, lozenges, and sprays)
- Behavioural therapy
- Combined methods: But not 2 types of Nicotine replacement therapy at the same time (according to FDA)
Choose the easier method to stop smoking to ensure you can stick with it and finally kick this bad habit. One of the most effective, successful, easy, and popular methods is Champix. Now you can protect your health from all harms of smoking by with only a 12-week course of Champix.
Champix | Varenicline is easy to use, with a short course, and lower cravings significantly.
Medication to stop smoking - Champix
Champix | Varenicline for Quitting Smoking
Varenicline is the active constituent in this medicine) is a plant extract that has no nicotine and isn’t addictive.
First, you need to know the mechanism of nicotine to understand how Champix will help you to stop smoking.
Nicotine works through specific receptors in the brain. The inhaled nicotine attaches to the receptors and activates the brain to release dopamine (the happiness hormone). Dopamine gives the smoker a temporary feeling of pleasure. However, this feeling is of short duration, since the smoker craves for more and more nicotine later.
Champix works by a powerful and effective mechanism, by blocking the effect of nicotine on the brain. This means it inhibits activation of dopamine produced by nicotine, which in turn:
- Decreases the craving symptoms occurring with smoking cessation, hence making you more capable of committing and sticking to the decision of quitting.
- Decreases the pleasure felt with nicotine use.
- Decreases the feelings of satisfaction when you smoke with Champix intake, so, decrease the desire of smoking.
Champix can be combined with quit-smoking education and counselling.
The effects of smoking on the body
Simply, smoking exposes you to a harmful mixture of more than 7000 substances of toxic chemicals. A single cigarette contains around 70 carcinogenic substances, which can cause damage to every cell and organ in your body in different ways.
It is estimated that a regular smoker is at risk of losing up to a decade of his life. Toxic effect of smoking can begin even before birth, due to pregnant smoker mother, exposing the child to high risks.
Let’s count the organs and body systems which you will damage once you start smoking:
- Brain: Habituation (finding it difficult to stop smoking)
- Stroke: a cerebrovascular attack due to damage in the blood vessels
- Eyes: diminution of vision, and excessive tearing.
- Hair: colour changes.
- Nose: Irritation to nasal cavities and Para nasal sinuses, chronic rhinosinusitis, and impaired smell sense.
- Teeth: Gum diseases, gingivitis, loose teeth, dental caries, staining, and discolouration.
- Mouth and Throat: bad breath and sore throat, up to cancer.
- Ears: Ear infection and diminished hearing.
- Lung: Lung cancer (the most common cancer ever to cause death)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (which includes different lung diseases like emphysema and chronic bronchitis), asthma, chronic cough, excessive sputum production, shortness of breath and respiratory infections.
• Heart; coronary thrombosis (heart attack), high blood pressure, and atherosclerosis (occlusion of coronary vessels).
• Chest and Abdomen; Esophageal, gastric, colon, pancreatic, liver and breast cancer
• Urinary system; Bladder, Kidney, and ureter cancer, and renal failure.
• Hands, Feet, and Skin; poor circulation (cold fingers), peripheral vascular disease, deep vein thrombosis, wrinkling and premature ageing.
• Skeletal system; Hip fractures, osteoporosis, and bone marrow cancer.
• Circulatory system; Buerger’s disease (inflammation of arteries, veins, and nerves of the legs) and leukaemia (body’s blood-forming tissues cancer, including the lymphatic system and the bone marrow).
• Immune system; impaired resistance to infections and increased the risk of allergic diseases.
• Male Reproductive; infertility, impotence (inability to achieve or maintain an erection and inability to achieve ejaculation), and prostate cancer.
• Female reproduction; cervical and ovarian cancer, premature ovarian failure, reduced fertility, early menopause, and infants of smokers mothers at high risk of sudden death, congenital disorders, and cancer.
• Others; diabetes and sudden death.
How to take Champix?
Champix is a 12 week course, taken as tablets after meals with a glass of water. There are two forms of Champix; 0.5 mg form and 1 mg form which include the first Starting Month Box and the remaining 2 Continuing Month Boxes. You will take these forms as following;
The first three days: take one white pill (0.5 mg) once daily.
Days 4 to 7: take two white pills (0.5 mg) twice daily; one in the morning and one in the evening.
Day 8 to the end of treatment: take two blue pills (1 mg) twice daily; one in the morning and one in the evening.
The efficacy of Champix / Is Champix Effective?
In 2006, the first trials of varenicline (the active ingredient in Champix) were conducted, which proved its effectiveness as a smoking cessation method.
Varenicline became the first choice drug for smokers to stop smoking as it can prevent both short and long term relapse.
Is Champix better than batches? Is Champix more effective than NRT?
Varenicline is considered superior to bupropion and has an equal impact as nicotine replacement therapy and has a lower risk of withdrawal syndrome compared to other drugs.
Compared to NRT, Champix has an equal effect, but less side effects since it contains no nicotine.
Who should NOT take Champix?
Do not take Champix if you have allergy to varenicline or any of its ingredients.
Do not take Champix if you are using one of the nicotine replacement therapy as gum, patches or the nicotine inhaler. Due to combination of Champix and nicotine replacement therapy can produce more side effects than in case of Champix alone, while not increasing your chances of stopping smoking.
|8 Week Starter Pack (2 week starter + 6 week maintenance)||
|4 Week Maintenance Pack||
|4 Week Starter Pack||
|2 Week Starter Park||
|8 Week Maintenance Pack||
|10 Week Maintenance (140 x 1mg Tablets)||
|Full 12 Week Course (Start Pack + 140 x 1mg Tablets)||