The content of PrimePharmacy.co.uk are the service offerings of Prime Pharmacy, a limited liability company registered in the UK.
Registered address: Regency House 45-53, Chorley New Road, Bolton, BL1 4QR
Trading address Prime Pharmacy, unit B, Unity house, Fletcher Street, Bolton, BL3 6NE.
Prime Pharmacy may collect certain personal information from you when you register to use the Website or its services and features. We may also collect additional personal information, including your physical address, in order to deliver products. We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information from users of our site, such as their Internet protocol address, the type of browser and operating system they use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and the web pages, content and advertisements you may have visited, viewed or clicked on. We collect this information in several ways, including the following:
- Cookies: Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personal information, but if you choose to furnish us with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. We may use “cookies” to maintain a record of your visits and to improve the content and services on our site. If you disable or delete cookies you may not be able to shop or access important parts of our site. Further information on cookies, including instructions on how to amend your browser settings to turn off cookies, is available widely online.
- Web Server Logs: Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at this site, and the websites visited just before and just after our site.
- PCI Compliance Data Security: Primepharmacy.co.uk is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) compliant and is scanned for server vulnerabilities on a regular basis to ensure our security systems are up to date and comply with the industry standards. Prime Pharmacy abides by the Data Protection Act and understands why safety is paramount for our customers making payments online.
- IP Addresses: Our system may also collect your IP address, which is a numerical address that is used to identify a computer connected to the Internet. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, to
deliver web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, and to measure traffic within our site.
- Public Posting: If you post in the comments of a blog post on the Website (or anywhere on social media), you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Prime Pharmacy is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non‐public, available by enabling certain user features, (such as blog comments) Prime Pharmacy will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small useful text files that are stored on your internet browsing device (e.g. computer, tablet or phone). They are used to remember useful information that allows certain functionality to work, for example, cookies can be used to remember what’s in your shopping basket while you browse or if you’re logged in or not. Cookies don’t store your personal details such as your credit card details, your name or your date of birth. Cookies can’t harm your computer, and are active for differing lengths of time; some are stored until you close your browser, while others may last for several weeks or more.
- Enable you to set up an account, place orders and make payments;
- Remember items you place into your shopping basket;
- Remember items you have been looking at so that you can quickly and easily go back to an item you looked at previously;
- Enhance your shopping experience.
What types of Cookies do we use?
Our site uses session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies operate from the moment you log on to the site until the moment you log off. Once you log off session cookies are deleted. Persistent cookies will not be deleted after each session.
Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential to our site, if these are disabled, your experience on our site may be interrupted and you may not be able to use a shopping basket or make payment.
Performance Cookies collect anonymous data about visitors. We use the data to improve your future experience and identify issues that our users may be experiencing.
Functionality Cookies customise the look and appearance of our site. For example, a functionality cookie will remember your username and language preferences next time you visit.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies deliver advertisements which are tailored to your web activity. A targeting cookie tracks what you click on whilst on our site, and may share details of what you click on with other organisations such as advertisers. These cookies can also help us to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Third party cookies may be used on our website by approved organisations to provide services on our website.
What happens if I turn off Cookies?
If you disable or delete cookies you may not be able to shop or access important parts of our site. Further information on cookies, including instructions on how to amend your browser settings to turn off cookies, is available widely online.
This service allows us to view user interactions with the site, to allow us to fix any problems you encounter, without you having to report them to us. No typed information in forms is revealed to us, only where the user clicks. This means if a button isn’t working for you, or on a particular device, we can spot this, and fix it as soon as possible.
Prime Pharmacy use LexisNexis RISK SOLUTIONS UK LIMITED to check that our patients are genuine - this is a regulatory requirement. This occurs only the first time you place an order. Existing customers will be checked as they order again.
LexisNexis check three data sources for this, credit agencies, Voting register and Telephone Database.
You agree as follows:
(a) I authorise LexisNexis and/or any of their appointed agents to carry out all necessary searches, including searches of consumer credit records, in order to verify my information.
(c) I agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, that I will not hold LexisNexis, its officers, employees agents and/or customers liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, and to hold harmless LexisNexis, its officers, directors, employees, agents and customers from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable legal fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with use of LexisNexis's website (and other online properties) or any of the services provided by LexisNexis.
(d) I confirm that to the best of my knowledge and having exercised due skill and care, that the information I have given is complete, true and correct and I agree to the use of my information as detailed in this Declaration of Consent.
If you have any questions about the ID verification process please contact us.
Information from Minors
Prime Pharmacy does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Nor do we collect information from any individual under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you believe that your child has registered on our site or that we have collected information from your child, please contact us immediately so that we can remove that information from our database.
Information You Share
When you communicate with us
When you join our mailing lists
You can manage your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by following the links in emails we send you.
Information We Collect
If you join one of our mailing lists, we track how you interact with emails we send you. This helps us to understand what is important to you and improve the content we provide. We track whether you open our emails, which links you follow, and when you do so.
You can manage your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by following the links in emails we send you.
What kind of data we collect
- Data and information voluntarily provided by you on our website
- Data and information you provide us when communicating with us by all our communication methods, e.g. phone, email, text, post.
- Data and information you share with us at the time of filling out our medical forms/questionnaires on our website www.primepharmacy.co.uk
- Data and information during the registration process
Please note this does not affect your data's security or confidentiality. Your data will be kept private, secure and confidential at all times unless otherwise stated.
Information We Share
We use third parties to provide services to us, such as:
- Managing mailing lists and delivering email
- Hosting our websites
- Helping us analyze the use of these services
- Third party service providers who perform our vital business functions to enable us to provide our website and our products and services, such as IT suppliers, software suppliers, mail couriers, mailing house and other suppliers. Our arrangements and binding contracts with these third parties require them by law to maintain the confidentiality and security of any information we provide to them, they will only act on our behalf and under our direction and to not use personal information for purposes other than the product or service they are providing to us or on our behalf
- In response to legal requests may involve us sharing your information with courts, law enforcement agencies or other government bodies when we have a good faith belief we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- protection of our business and others may involve us sharing your personal information and usage data when we believe it is appropriate to enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, for example with organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our users and others;
- sharing information within our business for everyday business purposes such as to process your transactions, maintain your accounts, operate our business etc
- sale of our business if we sell, merge or transfer any part of our business, we may be required to share your information.
- Where you have agreed for us to inform your GP
- To advance fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
Why we legally use your data (including sensitive or other)
We legally use your data on the following basis, necessary for our processing your personal data:
- Legal - To meet our legal obligations as data controller, under the UK and GDPR laws.
- Contractual - To meet our contractual obligations to clients
- Consent - Direct marketing based on pre-requisite consent
- Medical interest
- Sensitive data - for e.g medical history is required for the purpose of preventive or occupational medicine, to assess if you have the ability to work, to provide a medical diagnosis, to provide social care or medical treatment, and to prescribe safely.
- internal performance - To keep track when we measure our own expectations and goals in relation to medical and non-medical performance.
Legal Disclosure, Safety and Security
We may preserve, use, or disclose your personal data if we believe it is reasonably necessary to:
Comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request
Protect the safety of any person
Protect the integrity of our platform, including to help prevent spam or abuse
Address fraud, security, or technical issues
Protect our rights or property or the rights or property of those who use our services
Managing Your Data
Understanding your rights
It is important that you understand your legal rights around your personal data and how we may use it. If you would like to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Controller at CustomerService@PrimePharmacy.co.uk
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right to access a copy of your personal data and receive certain information about what the data is and how and why we are processing it. We will ask you to prove your identity before we can disclose any information.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request a correction to your data if you believe that any information we hold is incorrect.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request that we delete your data.
There are some circumstances where we may need to keep your details, for example, if we are legally obliged to do so. If this is the case, we will explain and discuss these circumstances with you.
Right to restrict processing
You can request that we restrict processing of your data, as an alternative to deleting it – this means that we will keep the data but stop processing for most purposes. You may want to exercise this right if you feel that the data is inaccurate, that our processing of it is unlawful, whilst we progress a request from you to object to processing, or if we have no further need of the data, but you require us to keep it in relation to the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Right to data portability
You have the right to request a copy of your data, in readable form, and have us transfer it to another organization. There are some circumstances where these rights may not apply, but where this is the case we will always explain this to you. Please address such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange the data to be transferred (pending ID verification -‐ Proof of I.D checklist -‐ GOV.UK) into information that is available in a readable document.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your data.
Rights related to automated decision making
You have the right to avoid being subject to decisions based solely on automated processing (including profiling) which has a significant effect on you. We do not carry out any such processing.
We keep records of your communications with us for six years in case we have to refer to a conversation or enquiry. This could be because it relates to our legitimate business interests, you are still in communication with us, or for legal reasons.
We keep your contact information on any mailing lists you chose to join unless you tell us otherwise. If you haven’t opened one of our emails for some time, we may contact you to ask if you still want to hear from us. If you unsubscribe from a mailing list, we retain some basic information to ensure we don’t contact you again in the future.
Third party websites, links and logo's
Prime Pharmacy may link to websites, products and services operated by third parties. Prime Pharmacy is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Website, any website accessed from a Third Party Site, or any changes or updates to such sites.
These linked websites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that Prime Pharmacy and associated companies are not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the website administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
The various third party logos and trademarks like that of RoyalMail, Trustpilot, MHRA, general Pharmaceutical council etc. cited herein on our website are the property of the respective businesses. Those businesses are not affiliated in any way with TrustedSolution Ltd T/A Prime Pharmacy.
Staying up with the latest updates
- We will communicate with you about our products and administrations we are delivering by utilizing any contact mode you have given to us -‐ for instance by post, email and instant message.
- Where you have agreed to receive promotions, you can withdraw such permission by reaching our DPO on email email@example.com.
- You can likewise refresh your contact inclinations by reaching our DPO by postal mail: Prime Pharmacy, unit B, Unity House, Fletcher Street, Bolton, BL3 6NE.
Your rights to complain
You have the rights to make a complaint to the ICO, this is the UK regulatory authority for data protection. Before you contact the ICO, we would like to help you address your concerns, so if you could email firstname.lastname@example.org we will try our best to resolve your issues.